3 Tips for Vacationing at Our Pet Friendly Smoky Mountain Cabins
Tennessee’s Great Smoky Mountains are one of the very best family vacation destinations in the country. When you take your getaway in the Smokies, shouldn’t your entire family be able to join in the fun? Four-legged family members are always welcome at Smoky Mountain Chalet Rentals! We offer a great selection of pet friendly Smoky Mountain cabins, so your pooch doesn’t have to stay behind during your vacation. Read on for some helpful dog friendly vacation advice.
1. Choose the Right Cabin
The first step for planning a Smoky Mountain vacation with your furry friend is to choose the right cabin. For your convenience, we’ve put together a list of all our pet friendly properties:
- JT’s Jungle – 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom
- Bliss – 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom
- Serenity – 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom
- Honeysuckle – 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom
- Grandma’s Gift – 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom
- Mystic – 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom
- Enchanted – 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom
- Cupid’s Dart – 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom
- Orchid Hideaway – 1 bedroom, 1.5 bathrooms
- Noah’s Ark – 1 bedroom, 2 bathrooms
- Passion Flowers – 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Crimson Clover – 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Three Bears – 2 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms
If you have any questions about these vacation rentals, or would like a cabin recommendation, don’t hesitate to give our friendly staff a call.
The Smokies are home to a number of pet friendly attractions and restaurants that your dog is sure to love! Here is a quick look at some of our favorite places to visit near our pet friendly Smoky Mountain cabins:
- While Dollywood does not allow animals into the theme park, it does have its very own place for dogs: Doggywood! This doggy daycare center makes it convenient to visit the park without leaving your furry friend alone.
- If your dog loves breathtaking mountain views (and isn’t afraid of heights!), she can join you on the Gatlinburg Sky Lift, a chair lift ride that departs from downtown Gatlinburg.
- The Village shopping area in downtown Gatlinburg is a great place to walk around with your dog. Be sure to stop in the Simply Animals store to pick up some homemade dog treats!
- At the Wild Plum Tea Room in Gatlinburg’s Arts and Crafts Community, dogs can sit on the outside porch deck with their owners, as long as the weather is nice. The restaurant is always happy to provide a bowl of cold water for your furry pal to enjoy while you dine.
- The Crystelle Creek Restaurant and Grill is another excellent dog friendly eatery in Gatlinburg. The restaurant’s enclosed heated porch is the ideal place to eat with your pooch.
Dogs can’t get enough of nature, making the Great Smoky Mountains National Park truly irresistible for pooches. Although pets aren’t permitted on hiking trails, you can take your dog to any of the park’s campgrounds and picnic areas, as long as he is on a leash at all times. Also, dogs are allowed on the Gatlinburg Trail, a specially designated 1.9 mile one-way path that starts at the Sugarlands Visitor Center. Of course, you can always take your dog on a scenic drive through Cades Cove or along the Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail.
To start planning your vacation, browse our complete selection of pet friendly Smoky Mountain cabins!